A little afternoon rundown…(4-23-2010)
It is Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday. That makes me very, very happy. Here’s some random stuff this afternoon…
– John Wall said his official goodbye today to UK fans. It is strange to get so attached to 1-year players, but John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins will always be 2 of my all-time UK favorites. Wall said he will be telling every player to come to UK, joining in the sentiments expressed by Boogie that he truly loved his time here. That is great to see, and they will be missed. Here is a video of his press conference.
– It is cloudy out this afternoon, but I don’t think it is going to rain. Ever. Again.
– UPDATED: Teague makes it official, picks UK. In some more exciting UK news, it looks like UK will be adding yet another stud point guard. Marquis Teague, arguably the best PLAYER in 2011 class is set to announce at 1:30 today, and you can watch it live here (if we don’t crash their site). This is HUGE for UK, as he was locked up at UL for a LONG time leading up to this last-minute switch. If he truly dons the UK cap and not the UL version, it is a big, big victory for Cal and the Cats. Live feed at 1:30
– Tim finally went home on Idol. Spoiler alert. (oops…maybe you are supposed to put that BEFORE the spoiler??)
– These teabagger people are starting to scare me. They are armed only with anger and misinformation, and lots of times, that is a dangerous recipe. I submit the following as an example…
– Also, I just heard about this kid today, but so far, I’m awfully impressed. His name is Elliot Collett, he’s 19, from Wellington, and was influenced by Ryan Adams. He’s having a CD release party this weekend at the Morehead Conference Center at 7pm on Saturday. Check him out. Official Site Myspace Site News release about CD party
-And finally today, it is Earth Day, so just take a minute or 2 to reflect about the world you live in and your impact on it. Lord knows I don’t do my fair share to keep it as healthy as it could be, but I promise myself I’ll do better. It might be a great day to plant a tree, maybe switch some light bulbs out for the compact fluorescent variety, or maybe just say “paper” instead of “plastic”. Every little bit matters.