The Primary is Over…Now What??
Well, that was fun.
For the past few weeks, the number of visits to the site have been at an all-time high as folks checked in on our primary election polls. With that now behind us, it is time to turn our attention towards new and exciting things.
I wish I could think of some. 🙂
Some things to get you through your day…I’m not even sure how you could have made it through the afternoon without finding this stuff out, really…
– American Idol is almost over, for this season, and really, to me, for good. Simon will be leaving after this season to help launch X-factor, and even though Ellen has been, in my opinion, hilarious this year, I just don’t know if they’ll be able to get the same number of viewers without Simon. We shall see. And we shall also see a new winner crowned this week…will it be Lee or Crystal? I think that Lee has progressed more during this season than any other contestant I can remember. He overcame his nervousness and has gotten better all season. Still, my favorite performer, possibly from any season, is Crystal. Her talent level was far and away the best this year, and she was able to keep from being overly compared to Janis Joplin for the most part. She grew as a performer and artist all season, as well. I’d love to see her win it, but I suspect when the votes are counted, Lee will be the winner.
– The Shrek 3D movie was good. Very funny, possibly more funny to adults than kids. There are some great moments, many involving Puss in Boots…and the 3D and animation looked very good.
– If you have a Playstation3 or Xbox360…and you liked the Grand Theft Auto series…and you’ve always dreamed about what it might have been like to live in the Old West…you HAVE to pick up Red Dead Redemption. It is absolutely amazing.
On This Day…May 24th:
– 1883: The Brooklyn Bridge opened to traffic in …and has been “sold” thousands of times since.
– 1844: Samuel F.B. Morse sent the message, “What hath God wrought!” from Washington to Baltimore, opening the first telegraph line in America…10 minutes later, someone figured out how to use it for porn.
– 1935: The first major league baseball game played at night took place at Cincinnati’s Crosley Field as the Reds beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-1…President FDR turned the lights on remotely from Washington, DC, possibly the last time Washington brightened anything.
And finally, on this day in 1965, actor John C. Reilly was born. The first movies I remember him in were Days of Thunder and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (one of my all-time favorites). One of his more memorable performances was in Boogie Nights, and he was nominated for an Oscar for his role in Chicago. As good as he’s been in dramatic roles, his comedic performances are just amazing. His role in Step Brothers was, to me, his best ever.
He has a short series running on the Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim lineup right now called “Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule”. The show comes on late Sunday night (12:15), and the first episode aired last week. Here’s just a sample…